Table of Contents
- 1 Best Swaddle Blankets for Newborns- Do you want to get them?
- 2 Our Preferences For The Best Swaddle Blankets For Newborns
- 2.1 Halo Micro-Fleece Sleepsack Swaddle
- 2.2 Miracle Swaddle Blanket For Newborn
- 2.3 Summer SwaddleMe Original Swaddle
- 2.4 BundleBee Baby Wrap
- 2.5 Tiny Cloud Muslin Swaddle Blankets
- 2.6 Aden + Anais Silky Soft Swaddle Blanket
- 2.7 Love To Dream Swaddle Up
- 2.8 Ergobaby Swaddle Wrap
- 2.9 Happiest Baby Swaddle
- 2.10 Anna & Eve – Baby Swaddle Strap
- 3 Some Tips For Safe Swaddling
- 4 Final Words
Best Swaddle Blankets for Newborns- Do you want to get them?
When babies are born, they have an unusual reflex known as the startle reflex. Because of which their body suddenly moves and they bring their legs and arms closer to their chest, which may be in response to loud noise.
They have a tendency to get startled from time to time, which is quite disturbing for them as it affects their sleep too. To avoid this and to keep the baby feel secure and warm, most mothers prefer to swaddle their babies, especially at the time of sleep.
For first-time parents, the idea of wrapping their baby tightly in a blanket to restrict the movement of their arms and legs might seem crazy.
But you will be amazed to know that many parents believe that wrapping the baby in swaddle blankets is very comfortable for them. The baby tends to sleep more and cry less when they are wrapped.
Particularly during the first few months of life, babies like the secure warmth of swaddle blankets as it reminds them of the time they spend in the womb. If you master the technique of swaddling, you can get a little bit more time for yourself too.
A simple blanket can be used to swaddle the baby, but some parents prefer the swaddle wrap for newborns that are available in the market particularly for this purpose.
Still, there is a question, which are the best swaddle blankets for newborns? So, here is the article to help you in choosing the best swaddle blankets for newborns.
Our Preferences For The Best Swaddle Blankets For Newborns
Halo Micro-Fleece Sleepsack Swaddle
The Halo Sleepsack Swaddle is one of the best swaddle blankets for newborns as it provides amazing snug-fit comfort, so the baby sleeps peacefully.
The fabric used for this swaddle blanket is very soft and particularly designed to keep the moisture away. You can also use it as a wearable blanket that keeps your arms free while ensuring the coziness of the baby.
This swaddle can be used in 3 different ways: by keeping the baby’s arms in for the prevention of the startle reflex, by keeping the arms out for transition to rolling, and by keeping hands-to-face for the purpose of self-soothing. Moreover, for providing snug-fit comfort, it comes with alterable fasteners.
To make the diaper change hassle-free, the zipper at the bottom area is designed in such a way that it can be unlocked easily. By the international Hip Dysplasia Institute, the Halo SleepSack Swaddle is recognized as “Hip Healthy”, because of which it is used widely in maternity clinics and hospitals throughout the world.
- It can be adjusted in 3 different ways, according to the sleeping style of the baby.
- Labeled as “Hip Healthy” by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
- Suggested by many maternity clinics and hospitals.
- A lot of parents said that it can also be used as a nursing cover.
- Make diaper change easier, because of the bottom zipper.
- Comfortable and breathable.
- Available in different colors.
- For tall babies, it is somewhat short.
- Velcro is not the softest.
Miracle Swaddle Blanket For Newborn
Everyone dreams of a miracle, especially the parents who have sleep deprivation due to the arrival of their little one. So, this miracle blanket swaddle comes to make a “miracle”. It is helpful in extending the sleep duration of the baby by stopping the night movements and thus making life easier for parents too.
This is made with 100 % cotton and did not have noisy and itchy Velcro that can disturb the sleep of the baby. Furthermore, the length and design of its triple patented arm flap ensure zero scratches on the baby’s skin.
- Made of 100 % cotton that guarantees the peaceful sleep of the baby.
- Comes with a triple patented arm flap.
- Did not have Velcro that can irritate the baby.
- Relieves fussiness in little ones.
- It is very soft and cozy for the baby.
- It is difficult to tuck in at the end of this swaddle blanket.
- Can be hard to twist.
Summer SwaddleMe Original Swaddle
This swaddleMe original swaddle is very easy to master as you simply have to fold over the wings, and it mimics the feeling of the womb. For a customizable fit, you can use hook and loop closures. If you want to change the diaper, you just need to pull down the foot pouch.
The fabric that is used to make this swaddle blanket is very soft. It offers snug-fit comfort to the babies while sleeping in it. It can also be used as a nursing cover or burp cloth
To perfectly wrap your growing baby, it has adjustable Velcro tabs.
- Made of soft fabric that ensures warmth and comfort to the baby.
- Have adjustable wings and self-fastening Velcro.
- Have a foot pouch, that makes the diaper change easy.
- You can wash them in the washing machine.
- It does not have a zipper closure which may be a drawback for some parents and caregivers.
BundleBee Baby Wrap
BundleBee baby wrap is a very beautiful design, the posh baby swaddle blanket hugs your baby and thus creates the feelings of a mother’s womb and makes the sleep comfortable for the baby.
It comes with Velcro that guarantees that the wrap will stay in place after you swaddle your little one.
Another reason for considering it one of the best swaddle blankets for newborns is the fact that it is both soft and tick. Because it is particularly designed to keep the baby warm.
You can also use it as a portable baby bed, and it can flawlessly fit in a bassinet or co-sleeper. It makes the transition to the crib super easy too.
- You can hold your baby with confidence and give him to a young sibling without any fear. Because the built-in cushion (Made up of coconut fibers) supports the neck and back of the baby.
- The Velcro retains the swaddle in place and away from the face of the baby.
- Have enough room that allows the natural movement of the hip and prevents the risk of hip displacement.
- It is a high-priced product especially when you pay for one blanket (instead of a set).
Tiny Cloud Muslin Swaddle Blankets
These swaddle blankets are made from 100 % organic cotton that is very soft and safest for the skin of newborn babies, and with every wash, it becomes softer.
In a bundle, you will get 3 blankets with different designs. You can use them for different purposes. For example, use them in a baby stroller, as a cover during tummy time or nursing time, and whenever you want a light covering for the baby.
- They have great durability.
- They are softer compared to different other blankets that are present in the market.
- The shape is designed in such a way that makes them the perfect choice for swaddling.
- It is very easy to carry them as you can fold them into small rectangles and can easily place them in your bag.
- A little bit pricey, but worth every penny.
Aden + Anais Silky Soft Swaddle Blanket
They come in a bundle of 3 blankets and each one is about 47-inch square, which is a good size for your little one. As they are silky swaddle blankets, they are very soft and can be used in different ways. They make the swaddling hassle-free and easy for the parents.
When your baby grows and you no longer need to swaddle him, these blankets can still be used as light covers, nursing covers, or even as burping cloths.
- Their size is bigger compared to other cheaper products, which makes the swaddling easy.
- They are of perfect thickness for a proper, secure, and tight swaddle as they are not too thin or too thick.
- They also protect the baby from over-heating during naptimes.
- These are very stretchy which may cause problems while swaddling the babies who wiggle more.
Love To Dream Swaddle Up
One of the highly recommended best swaddle blankets for babies is Love To Dream Swaddle Up. It does not restrict the baby from stretching his body, hence it supports self-soothing and allows the baby to be more relaxed.
It gives your little one the freedom of using their hands whenever they want, like touching their cheeks and sucking their fingers or moving hands freely in the air while playtime.
They are made of elastane and cotton, they snugly fit the torso area of the baby and comfort-fit on the top, and help in preventing the startle reflex.
The single layer of the fabric also helps in preventing overheating as it is breathable. It comes with a two-way zipper, that makes it easy for the parents to change the diaper.
- Made of elastane and cotton that is good for the baby.
- Prevents the risk of over-heating.
- Give the baby freedom to move his body and still prevent the startle reflex.
- Have a dual zipper system that makes the life of parents and caretakers hassle-free.
- For practical purposes, XS (extra small) size is not suggested.
- Color options are limited.
Ergobaby Swaddle Wrap
100 % cotton is used for these swaddles and they are designed particularly to keep the legs of your little one at the right place for the proper development of hips.
These are very trustworthy swaddle blankets. To strengthen the “frog-leg” position, they come with a healthy hip positioner which is good for the developing hips of the little one.
These wraps have removable leg pouches, so while using these swaddle wraps you have the advantage of removing the bottom piece for making the diaper change stress-free, and you can completely leave it during the warm summer nights.
Plus, they also have arm pockets that help in mimicking the natural fetal position.
- Very simple to wrap up the baby by using this swaddle.
- Very lightweight.
- According to some parents and caretakers, babies broke out of it.
Happiest Baby Swaddle
The happiest baby swaddle also comes in the category of best swaddle blankets. 100 % cotton is used in this product so it is safe for the baby. It comes with a two-way zipper and extra quiet Velcro that make it an amazing product.
It is very easy to use, you literally need 5 seconds to swaddle the baby.
- Time-saving product.
- You can wash it in the machine.
- Comes in different patterns.
- It cannot be used to prevent risky rolling.
Anna & Eve – Baby Swaddle Strap
Actually, it is not a blanket but a strap that is mainly designed to keep the arms of your little one in place while allowing him to move the legs freely.
Firstly, the inner portion of the straps covers the waist of the baby and two small cushions go over the arms of the baby and after that, the outer strap is secured.
This design helps in reducing the risk of overheating. It is made of 100 % cotton that is very gentle for the baby.
- Made of soft fabric.
- It is very comfortable to use as you can easily take it off and on.
- Velcro is loud that can disturb the sleep of the baby.
Some Tips For Safe Swaddling
No doubt there are a lot of benefits of swaddling, but still, after choosing the best swaddle blankets for newborns you need to consider safety. Following are some recommendations for you:
- Tight is the right choice while swaddling.
- Laying on the back is the best position for the baby. Therefore, whenever you swaddle your little ones, they must be on their backs.
- Try to keep the baby’s crib bare. Don’t place stuffed animals, loose blankets, and pillows in the crib as they can increase the risk of suffocation.
- When your baby starts rolling over, completely stop swaddling.
Here you have a list of the best swaddle blankets for newborns and each with a different price range. So, whatever your budget is, you can buy one for your little one that will make his sleep time more peaceful.